BSTRO is on the hunt for a visionary Creative Director who can lead our team to new heights. As the driving force behind our creative strategies, you’ll help us push the limits of creativity, piquing interest, driving engagement, and fueling growth for our clients and our agency.
BSTRO has been making an impression on clients and consumers since 2004. We’ve worked with Fortune 500 companies, public health organizations, and Silicon Valley start-ups that are changing the world – and we’re just getting started. Our team is driven by values like caring, trustworthiness, and curiosity, and we’re always looking for innovative thinkers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and make a real impact.We don’t just observe — we act.
- As a Creative Director at BSTRO, you’ll be at the forefront of identifying market shifts, opportunities, and new ways of seeing the world. Your insights will help us stay one step ahead of the competition and maintain our edge.
Outstanding customer experiences feed our success.
- As our Creative Director, you’ll embody this commitment by bringing your inherent passion for customer experience to every project. You’ll challenge yourself and the team to constantly deliver more value and make every step easier.
Our team is all about getting things done.
- At BSTRO, we’re agile, efficient, and always focused on growth. As Creative Director, you’ll lead the way with the right balance of planning and pragmatism, making sure every project hits our markers of success.
We’re stronger together.
- Every member of our team is here to make the agency stronger. As our Creative Director, you’ll lead by example and inspire others to do the same. Together, we’ll create work that truly stands out.
Who You Are:
YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR THIS JOB IF:
- You love telling stories in all their shapes and sizes: big stories that unfold over years and little stories that happen in seconds.
- You have a passion for making the creative process understood and loved by your clients and your team.
- You enjoy an environment where creativity is often fluid and reactive.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where multiple teams work together.
- Chief architect of the creative concept and lead facilitator of the ideation process
- Director of the creative team
- Present creative concepts to clients
- Champion the creative work of the team to internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the larger BSTRO team to execute creative ideas across communications, content, and channels
- Collaborate with our content teams to develop and support creative and content platforms
- Partner with the cross-functional teams to ensure quality and integrated execution of the creative across all channels
- Develop standards, systems, and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation and presentation
- Ensuring that all projects are innovative, adhere to brand standards, and exceed client expectations
Specifically you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 8+ years in a Creative Director role within a creative agency
- Proven experience building and guiding creative teams to success
- A leader: Inspiring and influential voice with experience selling creative experiences to different audiences
- A storyteller: an understanding of cohesive narrative across everything from a presentation to a piece of content
- A creator: you drive creativity that inspires breakthrough activations and content across a variety of marketing channels
- Insights: an ability to turn insights into breakthrough ideas
- Maintain a global vision and business operating standards
- Ability to forge trusted relationships with clients and partners
With BSTRO, you will find an exciting blend of a vibrant start-up environment, professional operations, and a 19-year history of delivering results. We are a remote-first agency with an office in Vancouver’s Gastown neighborhood that allows for flexible in-person collaboration and celebrations.
This role offers the opportunity to play a vital role in the agency – creating amazing client and employee experiences. You will be a crucial voice in the leadership team, advocating for delightfully creative solutions and embracing future opportunities.
The Creative Director reports to the CEO and is peer-level with department leads, working directly with accounts, content marketing, and tech stakeholders to lead BSTRO’s creative output. This full-time role includes benefits, vacation, sick time, and growth opportunities. We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with an outstanding team and roster of clients.