Google Analytics & Marketing Data Analyst
BSTRO is an award-winning international agency with offices in Vancouver, San Francisco, and New York. We work with Fortune 500s, exciting start-ups, and public health organizations that are changing the world.
We are seeking a smart, dedicated, and solution-oriented Google Analytics & Marketing Data Analyst to become a part of an analytics team that supports an exciting account within BSTRO’s portfolio.
At BSTRO, we believe in excellent life-work synergy. We work efficiently and produce outstanding work so that we can enjoy time away from our screens. By joining BSTRO, you’ll be joining a supportive team with stimulating projects. We are always uncovering opportunities to bring out our best creative work.
Google Marketing Data Analyst role at BSTRO will
- Advise on the best technologies and frameworks to monitor performance for the team’s and client’s needs.
- Show your analysis through presentations and communication with technical and non-technical people.
- Develop performance measuring frameworks to track goals, user needs and work with KPIs.
- Work with marketing software and tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, Adobe Analytics, Hubspot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and LinkedIn Ads.
- Oversee the analytics, data layer, and tag management solution for accurate and efficient data capture.
- Help conceptualize, design, build and automate reports/dashboards that provide insights into client audiences. Manage ongoing audience data and KPI reporting on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis, delivering insights and recommendations to both business and content teams. Provide data-driven feedback and actionable insights to our content teams regarding content/topic performance onsite & off-platform (social media, blog, video, etc..)
- As needed, work with developers for tracking needs and implementation
Skills required for this role:
- 1-3+ years of experience working with or close to marketing data
- 1-3+ years of experience working directly with Google Analytics data
- Proven ability to manage, understand, discuss, and work with analytics accounts, goals, properties, dashboards, reports, segments, and custom channel/content groupings
- Experience using visualization tools, in particular Google Data Studio – expertise in Tableau a bonus
- Hands-on experience with Google Tag Manager; experience and expertise in web tagging concepts and the ability to lead tagging strategy highly desired
- A high degree of comfort with Excel and/or Google Sheets spreadsheet concepts
Additional desired skills:
- A degree in marketing or statistics
- Entrepreneurial ability to diagnose web data tracking issues and propose solutions
- Ability to work with a fluid team at a fast pace
- Interest in statistical programming/query languages (R, Python, SQL)
- Understanding of data science processes and ability to implement these in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to simplify advanced statistical concepts for a layman audience
- Strong understanding of advertising data and advertising concepts
- Working knowledge of APIs, data connectors, and other pipelines
- Experience with UX/testing technologies such as Hotjar, Google Optimize
- An understanding of SEO and technical SEO concepts, search data
- CRM and email software marketing data
- Prior experience with project/workflow management software (we use Asana)
This is a full-time role with benefits, vacation, sick days, and growth opportunities.
Our office is based in Vancouver’s Gastown neighborhood and allows flexible in-person and remote work accommodation in accordance with BC health protocols. We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work with an outstanding team.