Full Time Junior Developer; websites, emails and HTML5 banners
We are seeking a smart, dedicated, and solution-oriented Web Developer to become a part of our team.
Vancouver, Full-time (This is not a remote position. Only candidates able to work in our office in Gastown will be considered.)
BSTRO is an award-winning international agency with offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and New York. We work with Fortune 500s, exciting start-ups and public health organizations that are changing the world.
We are seeking a smart, dedicated, and solution-oriented Web Developer to become a part of our team. As a BSTRO Developer you will work with the development team on variety of projects. Anything from WordPress websites, Hubspot landing pages to responsive emails and HTML 5 banners.
The ideal candidate will be graduate from a Computer Science (or relevant) degree with passion for all things Web. You will be working on multiple projects, switching from assisting with building full fledged websites to coding HTML emails and banners from scratch. As such this job posting is more suitable towards a candidate with strong programming and web fundamentals, flexible and able to adapt as per what the situation calls for.
This entry level role is ideal for a candidate who has experience with developing web solutions and wants to continue to learn and grow professionally in a fast paced agency environment. This role is onsite at our Vancouver office.
- Develop and maintain new and existing responsive HTML and CSS standalone emails and email templates using best practices and optimizing for desktop, webmail, and mobile email clients
- Setup and test emails from within ESPs
- Test and troubleshoot technical issues across desktop browsers, webmail, and mobile email clients
- Create lightweight, fully animated HTML 5 banners
- Setup and test HTML banners on different Ad-serving platforms
- Take beautifully designed PSDs and transform them into pixel perfect responsive websites that works across all major browsers.
- Create and maintain new WordPress websites
- Assist with email campaign reporting
- Must be fluent in HTML and able to write nested table code by hand for emails
- Ability to translate design files into pixel-perfect HTML & CSS that works across all major browsers and devices
- Experience with responsive websites and techniques
- Intermediate PHP programming skills
- Intermediate MySQL and/or MsSQL skills
- Strong Quality Assurance skills — able to review your work and thoroughly test code
- Able to document your code and programming structure in a concise and easy to understand manner.
Desirable Skills (nice to haves)
- Experience with HTML 5 Banners
- Working knowledge of Fluid Hybrid email development
- Working knowledge of version control (i.e. Git)
- Experience with ESP templating languages
- Experience with email analytics/reporting
- Experience with Adobe and/or Google Analytics
- Interest in email marketing best practices and industry trends
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS3, other emerging email/banner/web technologies
We are looking for people with excellent communication skills to work collaboratively with clients and creative team members. You will be expected to produce top quality code, juggle multiple tasks under pressure, articulate your ideas and meet strict deadlines.
How To Apply
The best way to be considered for this position is to send us a link to your online portfolio and resume to email@example.com. Please give a brief description of why you want to work at BSTRO and how you are a great fit for this position. This is an in-house position in our Vancouver office. Remote candidates will not be considered.