Web / Email Developer
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
BSTRO is an award-winning international agency with offices in Vancouver and San Francisco. We work with Fortune 500s, exciting start-ups and public health organizations that are changing the world.
We are seeking a smart, dedicated, and solution-oriented Web Developer to become a part of a dedicated project team that supports an exciting account within BSTRO’s portfolio. This role covers everything from email scheduling and deployment, content entry across platforms from WordPress and Drupal, and many other areas.
The ideal candidate will be graduate from a Computer Science (or relevant) degree with passion for all things Web. You will be working on multiple projects, switching from coding HTML emails from scratch to assisting with building full fledged websites. As such this job posting is more suitable towards a candidate with strong programming and web fundamentals, flexible and able to adapt as per what the situation calls for.
This is a full-time role with a competitive salary, benefits, vacation, sick days, and co-workers that set the bar for integrity, marketing leadership, and passion. The position is based in Vancouver.
- Take beautifully designed SKETCH files and transform them into pixel perfect responsive websites that works across all major browsers
- Create and maintain new WordPress websites
- Create and maintain websites with Gatsbyjs and other js frameworks
- Integrate various CMS / content platforms with static site generators for headless solutions
- Create and update web content for clients
- Develop and maintain new and existing responsive HTML and CSS standalone emails and email templates using best practices and optimizing for desktop, webmail, and mobile email clients
- Setup, test and deploy emails from within ESPs (Saleforce Marketing Cloud, Mailchimp, Marketo, Hubspot)
- Test and troubleshoot technical issues across desktop browsers, webmail, and mobile email clients
- Understand and follow Email compliance standards
- Work with a cross-functional team to produce high quality work
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is an absolute must
- Assist with email campaign reporting
- Experience with Nodejs and React based frameworks
- Must be fluent in HTML and able to write nested table code by hand for emails
- Ability to translate design files into pixel-perfect HTML & CSS that works across all major browsers and devices
- Experience with responsive websites and techniques
- Intermediate PHP programming skills
- Intermediate MySQL and/or MsSQL skills
- Working knowledge of version control (i.e. Git)
- Strong Quality Assurance skills — able to review your work and thoroughly test code
- Able to document your code and programming structure in a concise and easy to understand manner.
Desirable Skills (nice to haves)
- Working knowledge of Fluid Hybrid email development
- Experience with ESP templating languages
- Experience with email analytics/reporting
- Experience with Google Analytics, Data Studio, Google Optimize
- Interest in email marketing best practices and industry trends
We are looking for people with excellent communication skills to work collaboratively with clients and creative team members. You will be expected to produce top quality code, juggle multiple tasks under pressure, articulate your ideas and meet strict deadlines.
This is a full-time role with benefits, vacation, sick days, and your very own desk. All work performed will follow current public health protocols or onsite at our offices in Vancouver’s Gastown neighbourhood. We can offer both a competitive salary and the opportunity to work an outstanding team.