Agency launches StudyinBC.com for British Columbia Council for International Education
Vancouver, BC – Interactive marketing and branding agency BSTRO today launched StudyinBC.com for their clients at theBritish Columbia Council for International Education. The site connects students from around the globe with the world-class educational opportunities in British Columbia, provides advice on living accommodations and fees, and peer-to-peer experience sharing through video, blogs, and social media.
“British Columbia is the number one destination in Canada for international education, which contributes $1.8 billion to the province’s economy each year,” explained Jill Tracy, President and Chief Creative Officer at BSTRO. “We are so pleased to partner with the British Columbia Council for International Education to launch StudyinBC.com; it is a great example of an organization leveraging the broad reach of the web to showcase the fantastic opportunities offered by BC institutions.”
StudyinBC.com features relevant, easy-to-understand information about studying in British Columbia, and is engineered with leading edge features and benefits, including:
- Peer-to-peer communication, encouraging students from around the world to exchange their stories, post blogs, videos, and share experiences of coming from their country of origin to British Columbia;
- Social media feeds, connecting students to British Columbia institutions through Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube;
- One-click inquiry tool, allowing prospective students to select educational institutions of interest, and send one e-mail simultaneously to multiple institutions, eliminating the work and intimidation of writing to schools for information;
- Practical, easy to access information for students, including embassy locations, student visa requirements, currency converter, and weather;
- Community profiles allow students to explore neighbourhoods and communities prior to traveling to British Columbia.
“International education is the fifth-largest export in British Columbia,” said Colin Doerr, Communications and Programs Director for the British Columbia Council for International Education. “Our organization needed an agency partner with a proven record in delivering world-class websites on the cutting edge of emerging technologies. We were impressed with BSTRO’s track record of delivering warm, approachable websites for major educational institutions, and enjoyed partnering with them immensely.”
The site can be accessed at www.studyinbc.com.
About the British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE)
The BC Council for International Education (BCCIE) is committed to advancing the international education interests of the province of British Columbia. We are a leader in the successful development, promotion and maturation of international education in BC. Through consultation and liaison with the provincial government, the direction of the Board, and broad engagement with the diversity of sectors representing international education, we support our mission through four key strategic goals: leadership, market support, communication and service, and internationalization.